Monday, December 23, 2013

The Beginning

My Debt Journey: The BeginningI have been reading PF, debt blogs and de-cluttering blogs for a few months now. I have also been intrigued by the idea of using a blog as a platform to express my ideas and goals, but also to stay motivated to achieve those goals.

My goals in starting this blog are to become free from my debt and clutter burdens. While these may seem different topics, for me they are related. I have read quite a few debt blogs and some clutter blogs, but no one seems to have married the idea that purchasing the clutter caused the debt. In my case this is certainly true! My love of shopping has caused my life to be stressful and disorganized, physically and financially. My basic idea is to solve both issues by clearing away as much of the clutter and debt in 2014 as possible.

As for my name, ShoeaHolic No More, you could call me a shoeaholic, but also a bookaholic, clothesaholic, purseaholic, maybe just a general stuffaholic and I am certainly a shopaholic! But my goal is to change my ways to leave the materialism behind and reform to find time and funds for the more important things in life.

While, my budgeting doesn't officially start until January 1st, I have been working on tracking my expenses for a couple of months to prepare a budget. I hope you stick around to see my progress and the setbacks that are sure to occur. Thus far I have no readers and I have no plans to tell my real-life friends and family about my blog or my shopaholic tendencies!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home